08 February 2009

bed frame makeover

i lied...i said next up would be the baby crib...but, when we went over to our house the other day (we are s-l-o-w-l-y moving in) we forgot all of the pieces to set it up...so, as soon as i get it put together, i'll post it on here - i'm so excited to see the finished product!

here's another project i have been working on...a bed frame...an ugly one with lots of potential. my parent's gave it to us because we didn't have a bed or a frame (it came from D.I.)...well so they gave us this frame and a full size bed. yes, a tiny full size bed - but it was free! so, this will be our bed for the next few years. i thought this frame would look beautiful painted in antique white so that's what i did. it was a big project mostly because of all of the spindles, but after sanding, priming, and painting 2 coats of paint, it looks great! i am SO happy with how it turned out!


{this is the bedding i found at target the other day for 50% off! it was so cheap! and i just love how it looks sort of vintage. it isn't super high quality but i am not a super high quality girl...i mostly just care about the price...if it's cute and the price is right, that's my kind of thing. it's all wrinkly because i had just taken it out of the bag because i couldn't wait to see how it looked on our new beautiful bed! i am in love!}

not too shabby of a makeover, right?

7 comments:

Brittany said...

That looks really good and I love the bedding. You guys will be nice and cozy. Sometimes I think it's kind of fun to sleep on smaller beds so you have to be really close together. My parents had a twin for a while when they first got married. Can you imagine!! I'm totally copying you, Kami, and I hope you don't mind. I just think this blog to keep track of your design ideas is such a great idea. I'm doing one too.

Stephanie said...

It's amazing what some paint can do. It looks great!

Angi said...

I love how the furniture projects turned out. They look great!

Doug and Kirii said...

That turned out so cute! I love it. It looks really timeless. I helped my mom and I re-do a cradle and I will so you a pic when I get some bedding.

Tay said...

So cute! I'm a little envious of how happy and inviting it looks...

kristen said...

i LOVE it!

custom dog beds said...

I have been checking out a few of your article stories and I must say pretty clever stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog. Thank you very much.