16 June 2009

so many wants

lately i have felt sad as i see so many projects that i want to do but then realize i can't because of the lack of money we're experiencing. it is a hard time of life to be in but it is making me realize that wants aren't everything...although they sure are fun!

there are some current *i want to do these really bad* wants that will just have to wait at least a few months, maybe years, who knows...i'm trying not to feel depressed about not being able to have this creative outlet!

so basically i haven't posted anything in a long time because it's just depressing right now to be blog-surfing and see all the things i want to do but can't. so...if i am MIA it's because i am taking a break from my "wants" so i can focus on just being happy with our needs!

update: okay i feel a little better...i was really just down but then i decided to use some fleece i had bought awhile ago to make this cute neck pillow for my son from make it & love it. quick, easy, little to no cost project. gotta love that! of course, mine was not pink...instead, dinosaurs!

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I totally know how you feel.. there's so many things I want to do or make that I just plain can't afford! And it's sometimes hard to see others who seem to have everything and get to buy/make anything they want. But I've come to learn that the waiting and the hoping and the saving make the little things I do have mean so much more to me! And there's plenty of fun things that we can do now that are budget friendly while we are in this stage of life. I joined freecycle and I love it!!! You should totally join too. What's better than free?!

Brittany said...

I know exactly how you feel! But, that's why I have the blog...to be able to remember all these fun things when I actually have the means to do them. :) Let's see that neck pillow.

Kiley said...

Kami! I am soooo sorry I haven't sent you pics for those silouettes yet! Can I still do it?

Jaclyn said...

you bring up a great point about having to light each candle every time I want to enjoy the effect. That, and I wonder if they'd be a bit of a fire hazard? I don't know.. but it got me thinking. What about those fake votive candles? The ones that are battery operated? They just click on and they flicker like real candles. Now there's an idea....